Euan was allowed access to all areas Gosford house to document the contrasting areas of this incredible house in parts it is frozen in time.
Gosford was built by the 7th Earl of Wemyss between 1790 and 1800. It was built to plans by the architect Robert Adam who died before the house was completed. The 7th Earl is buried in the Wemyss Mausoleum on the estate, the only member of the family to be buried within the mausoleum. The 8th Earl inherited Gosford House and knocked down the wings, and his grandson, the 10th Earl, rebuilt them in 1891 to designs by the architect William Young The south wing contains the marble hall. Gosford is built in the neoclassical style.
During World War II, the British Army occupied the house, during which time part of the centre block was damaged by fire resulting from a party. Subsequent dry rot led to the roof being partly removed. It was re-roofed in 1987, and restoration of the central block is an ongoing process.